7.3.11

On memories and making new ones

Lots of exciting things and milestones occurred these past few days.

Firstly I'll start with Saturday.  On Saturday Robert and I celebrated the 2nd anniversary of our first date in our tradition of Phad Thai Chicken and Mango ice cream from Peppermint Patties.  He gave me a gorgeous bouquet of mixed flowers and a sweet card.  It was so nice to just spend time together without anything specific to do - and after the business of last week, we really needed some down time together.  Well, that and a solid 48 hours of sleeping.  :)  I recently looked through pictures of us from the past 2 years, and was moved when I thought about where God has brought us from and where He is taking us to as individuals and as a couple.  We are so much better together than we are apart.  I am also glad that we are past the months of uncertainty, "Does he really like me?  Will he call me again?  What do I think about him?  Do I love him?  Does he love me?  Should we get married? etc, etc, etc."  There is such a comfort and security when you know that you are committed to one another no matter what, even though the vows have not yet been spoken.   And can I just say once again what a great Godly man he is and how very honored and proud I am that he wants me to be with him forever?  I really am far, far more excited about being Mrs. Robert Jessup than I am about the actual wedding, although that is where it all begins and is a very important part of the process.  :)

Sunday was just a busy day, but we went to our pre-marital counseling with Pastor John Makinson and that was good as always.

Today, was terrific because I got to spend the entire day with my mother in Asheville.  We did some shopping, had lunch at Cheddar's and then went and purchased the fabric, notions and pattern to make my wedding dress!  I am super siked about that!  Which I am glad about because up to this point I had really felt nothing but either anxiety over what I would wear or be completely blase' about the whole idea.  So today shopping with mama I was so glad to be excited to talk about possibilities and choose how my dress would actually be, and now that I know, I am thrilled and can't wait to wear the thing!  And don't ask for details, because I will not tell.  :)
After we went shopping we ended up at the mall and I got her to go and take photo booth pictures with me.  It was the first time for either of us but I wanted some fun way to commemorator the specialness of the day.  So now I can look back at those pictures and remember the fun day we had together when we picked out my wedding dress fabrics.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

how fun! what a special day w/ your mom & what a special time in your life. enjoy every second!!

Wright Family said...

Like Like Like !! (all that time on facebook just destroys all ability to put together a coherent sentence, Sorry)