12.1.06

January 12th, 2006

Today I learned how to get to Wal-Mart and the post office. The post office was out of 1 and 2 cent stamps. So gradually I am learning my way around this area of Kansas City.

Katie’s parents live nearby, and her mom said we could do laundry at their house, which will save on laundromat expenses. Katie lives in my apartment with me. She is 18. There is also Hannah (20) from Wisconsin and California, Thamika (23) from Florida, Rebecca, Bree and Cassandra. We are supposed to have 1 more, but she’s not here yet and we are starting to wonder if she is coming.

Yesterday, I had a 3 hour nap (yea!) and I made sure to get a cup of coffee before going to the prayer room. Also, I prayed and asked God to help me through the night. What a novel idea!!!

The time spent in the prayer room was great. I never felt sleepy or tired like the past 2 days.

In the prayer room, I alternate spending time in worship, Bible reading and meditation, prayer and intercession. Last night we had 2 hours of intense intercession for a variety of subjects. How it worked, was the worship team did 10-20 minutes of worship, and then they opened up the floor mic for anyone to pray whatever is on their heart. People go up to the front and pray out their prayer and then the singers capture one or two main phrases, normally from the verse that the person prayed and dwell on that for a while.

Last night, some of the topics we prayed were asking for revival in individual cities/states as well as for abortion to end in America.

The way they do things varies, of course. Sometimes there is a specific topic, sometimes the guy on stage leads prayer…lots of different things.

Leave me a message, I would love to hear from you all!

Love,

Amanda :)

No comments: