10.1.06

January 10th, 2006

Well, I made it! It was a gruesome 15 hour trip with lots of caffeine and stops along the way. I got to talk to a lot of my family and friends on the way, which was wonderful.
I am here in Kansas City, MO and it is snowing!!! I woke up this morn....afternoon to a wintry white world. Very beautiful. I made a trip to Wal-Mart with 3 other interns and we were singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" as we drove. * * *

Last night we all stayed up until 6am, like we will be doing for the next 3 months. It was very hard to stay awake since I had been up since 4am EST, but the last 2 hours had more lively worship music and we prayed with our roommates which helped keep me alert.

There are 8 people in my apartment, 2 bedrooms (with 2 bunk beds), 2 bathrooms, a kitchen and a nice livingroom. We also have closets.
Oh, when I said "8 people," I meant girls. ;)
Our apartment complex has 4 similar rooms and they are all Fire in the Night girls, which means we are on the same sleeping schedule.

My apartment is a 2 minute walk from the IHOP Ministry Center, which is where all our classes are as well as the prayer room, cafeteria and coffee shop.

Because so many of you asked, here is my mailing address is:

Amanda Munger
3517 E. Red Bridge Rd.
Kansas City, MO 64137

(But if you wanted it to send me money, please give it to my parents instead. They are handling all that for me.)

I really don't have much more to say right now, I am still getting use to how everything works and dealing with the exhaustion of the past several days. My roommates are all very nice, and there are abour 70 FITN interns, although 2/3 of them have already done the first 3 months and are on their second set. I haven't met too many people, but I think that will come.
I was going to try and see Cory do worship today, but I don't know when he plays.

I appreciate all of your prayers so much!

Love to all,
Amanda Joy :)

No comments: