19.2.11

Who...???

It has been a busy day at work...not as much for me as for others, but busy none the less.

And I actually met someone who is famous in some circles that I was actually very happy to meet.  (Generally, with my temperament I tend to be rather blaise'  about meeting 'celebrities' and don't usually go to meet and greet at the theater when it is available.)   I was standing in the office making some copies and Scott walked in with a man and his college-aged daughter to introduce her to Scotty since she writes plays and lyrics in NYC and is interested in theater.  Since I was standing there I got introduced as well (as Scotty's anti-anxiety pills, lol).  Her name, I was told, is Jenny Stafford.  "And this is her father, Wes."  I shook hands, very nice to meet you, etc.  And continued working on my copies while the conversation continued around me.  Then internally went, "Wait.  Wess Stafford?  As in, president of Compassion International?  Cool.  I got to meet Wess Stafford and shake his hand!"  I guess when your job is running an international organization whose motto is "releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name," I find that rather more impressive than having good stage presence, a decent voice and some hit songs.  Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with those things or the people who look up to them.  It's just the way I am.  With few exceptions.  One of them being

STU G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the wonderful Stuart Gerrard was in my theater tonight doing his thing.  Sadly, I did not get to shake his hand since I didn't even know he was there until the concert was nearly over, but being the avid fan that I am of all things delirious?, it is enough just knowing that he was there on my stage, in my theater, in my hometown playing his guitar and singing.

That's all.  :)

No comments: