1.9.10

Insomnia? Nah...just insanity. :)

This week I have not been able to fall asleep before 2am. I try. Like tonight I was in bed lights out by 11:30 - which is a decent time for me. 1.5 hours later I sat up and turned on my light, tired of just lying there. So I got up to see if Camila was up yet on Skype. She's not which is why I decided to blog instead (although I do keep checking to see because that would be something fun to do and all of my other friends are asleep).

Tonight wasn't too bad compared to 2 nights ago when I kept stressing myself out thinking about, if I marry Robert, what will we do with his dog!!!!!! Which is not something I am really worried about, but when I'm half-way asleep, silly things can be overwhelming. In that case, I turned on my light and read for 2 hours til I was to exhausted to think and fell promptly to sleep.

I think most of my issue comes from the fact that we open a show in 8 days (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and I still am working on many lists simultaneously as well as constantly thinking up different ways to make things run smoother and to think of anything I may have forgotten prop wise or tech wise. It's not as bad for me as I am sure it is for Scotty since he is in control of every aspect of the show and has to deal with props, set, costumes, techies, and actors and marketing. I have plenty to handle with just my little part. It's fun, but whew! I'm looking forward to the time when Anne Frank does not consume my every spare moment and keep me up all hours of the night.

It is a beautiful night, though. The stars were just gorgeous on my drive home tonight from the theater. And it started to turn cooler today. I opened all the windows when I got home, and I pulled out my Mickey & Minnie blanket to wrap up in as I sit on the couch typing. I love it! Fall and Spring are my most favoritest times of year, but I think Fall is my #1.

More ramblings...

Anneke and Andrew moved in this weekend. They have such a fun house! It's amazing. There is still unpacking to do, of course, but it's coming along quite nicely. There was quite a throng of people helping unload the U-Haul. Even the little kids got in the action and carried in small items. It is absolutely lovely having Anneke living so close to me - the closest she's ever lived to me, in fact; about a 1 minute drive.

I am looking forward to having a break this weekend. Unfortunately that means I have to miss this weekend's concerts, oh darn. ;)
It will be super fun to see Michael and Laura, and Robert is actually going with me this time. We planned a trip to visit them once before, but somethings came up unexpectedly and he couldn't go last minute. I think a mini vacation with him will be very fun and relaxing, especially since he will be getting to know my good friends better and vice verse. Laura threatened to have some very serious questions to ask him, but I'm not worried. ;) I'm looking forward to some great fellowship and, of course, some yummy food. :)

And.....Camila is still not on Skype. I just checked.

Did I mention how great it is to feel the cool air and hear the crickets chirping outside? I love needing a blanket.

I am starting to feel a little bit sleepy, but I don't dare try going to bed again yet...that would undo all that the last 30 minutes have accomplished. I am seriously planning on purchasing Tylenol PM tomorrow for the rest of this week, because I really want to get to sleep earlier so I can wake up earlyish to go walking. As it is, my work days are so long right now, I wouldn't make it on only 5 hours sleep. So tomorrow I'll try drugs. :P

I have found myself baking/cooking a lot more often in the past 2 weeks. I don't think it was a conscious decision, it just happened. But I like it. I have made brownies, and lemonade cupcakes, and broccoli cheese chicken & rice casserole, spaghetti with chicken (cooked from Mastering the Art of French Cooking, yea!), fajitas...easy stuff really, but way more than I usually do. I do want to eat in more, it's healthier (potentially) and cheaper, so I'm really glad that it's working out.

I have been singing "I'm Henry the 8th" since last Thursday. Peter Noone is a great entertainer and I really enjoyed his concert last week. It's a silly song, I know...but then, I like silly songs. :)

I am so glad I have friends in the theater, otherwise I wouldn't ever see any! Even though I did choose to eat by myself today...perhaps I needed a break from immaturity ;) And, I would hardly ever see my man friend if he wasn't also involved in theater. I could say boyfriend, but that sounds so middleschool sometimes. Sometimes I call him my special friend. :) Whatever. You know what I mean when I say it, however I choose to say it.

Well, now that this post is so long no one will ever read it, I'll go on and post it and maybe do a crossword or 2 before attempting to sleep again...although "crossword" does remind me of a prop in this show...and we all know where that leads......



2 comments:

Sarah said...

Totally read the whole thing :)

I have terrible insomnia too, it really drives me crazy. Nyquil is the wonder drug for me :)

Wright Family said...

me,too....I want you to hand around TT+L alot singing Henry the 8th because they totally didn't appreciate how cute the song I wrote for Henry is, because they didn't know the tune..(and I think because they intended to write their own song, but they never did, so mine is all he's got....good thing he's not a second born...at least He got pictures!)...maybe I should borrow your CD to write a song for Clara..