19.12.08

It's a beautiful life

Today was the last day of gym this year.  So now I have two weeks of vacation, 1 week of which will be spent in snowy Wisconsin (which is reported to have the nation's largest indoor water park).  
I am so looking forward to relaxing, drinking hot tea and reading - maybe a little cross country skiing thrown in for fun.  :)

I am looking forward to and excited about next year.  Who can tell what a year may bring?  I'm not one to make new year's resolutions, but I do think there is something special about a fresh beginning.  Wasn't it Anne Shirley that said, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet."  I love that.  Every day is fresh and new and every year more so.  

I am so thankful for the grace of the Lord and the forgiveness that is possible through the cross of Christ.  A new year may be symbolic, but it's His blood that gives new life.  Per my Pastor's request, I have been reading the gospel of John this week.  I am amazed at the sacrifice and love shown to us.  That is the miracle of Christmas.  

No comments: