4.9.06

A ramble

*sigh* I love Breakfast at Tiffany's. I always cry at the last scene when Holly Golightly is in the alley searching for Cat in the pouring rain. Poor Cat.

This afternoon when I came home from church, as I walked into the kitchen I thought to myself..."Hmm, what is that sound? Did I leave the shower running?" I quickly looked around to see if water was pouring out from anywhere it shouldn't be, and wouldn't you know, there was a nice puddle of water to the side of the fridge. (Well, we don't use much ice anyhow.)
Turning off the valve to the fridge and laying a large rag on the floor took care of that problem for the time being. I'm just glad it wasn't something really major with 6 inches of water everywhere!

A missionary from Guatemala spoke at church today. It just reminded me how very different life (especially Christian life) is in most other places. We as 21st century Americans really have no idea what it means to suffer and fight to live, or the reality of facing death for what you believe.
But the encouraging thing is that God is the same here as He is everywhere else in the world. He doesn't change.

No comments: