24.4.11

A lovely Resurrection Day!

Today has been such a full, fulfilling day.  It's fun to look back through the events of the day and see how God orchestrated everything.

The plan was to make Chicken Makhani and na'an (how traditional, I know) after church and eat with Shannon and Heather.  As I was gathering ingredients from my house to drop off at Robert's on the way to church, I realized I was missing 3 ingredients.  So I rushed to the store and then to Robert's to put stuff in his fridge and was only 5 minutes late to church.  I ended up sitting 2 rows from the back and I noticed this couple sitting behind me.  I figured they were hikers, judging by their clothes, and at the end of the service, I had this crazy idea (ok, most likely not my idea) to invite them to lunch.  They have been married for 4 years and are from Rhode Island.  They are hiking the whole way up to Maine.  We had such a great time, the 6 of us, talking and learning about each other and hearing each other's stories.  

Then, Robert and I actually did what we said we were going to do this week over spring break...We got our invitations stuffed and all ready to mail!  Hooray!  After being such a process it is hugely gratifying to see those puppies done and ready to go.

Such a satisfying day.  

1 comment:

Sarah said...

how great! I love it! Good thing you were late to church :)