26.2.09

Insane happiness

We are down to 2 weeks before opening night.  I love this part of putting on a show!  It's my favorite because everything starts to come together so fast and you practically live in the auditorium and see show people more than anyone else and everyone you know not involved in the show thinks you've dropped off the planet and you work long hours painting the stage late at night and get giddy from the fumes and all sorts of little things pop up and you have to figure it out real quick.   It's just so intense!
I love this part of a show!  It's my favorite!
Although you could argue that whatever stage of production I'm currently involved in is my favorite, I think the last 2 weeks hold a special place in my heart.   What's not to love?  

1 comment:

KG said...

This is exactly why show people are INSANE!!!! :) I am right there with you at loving it -- it is where it moves from being people playing a part to the characters coming to life. After tweeking all the little details you start to feel like that character and start having fun (and sometimes you just get downright silly from the tiredness!)