24.9.08

Oh the agony

I have always been the type of person who agonizes over a decision especially but not limited to purchases.  I think about every angle, is this a wise purchase, is there another way I should spend this money, is this a quality product, is it worth the money, will I actually use it,  why do I want to buy it, is this a wrong decision, etc...
And then finally, if all questions are answered at least somewhat favorably I end up buying it - whatever it is.  Although I have been known to keep contemplating the subject after a purchase and even  go the point of returning the item because I decided it did not meet whatever of the qualifications I deemed most important.  
Now, it's important to realise that I am not this way about every item I purchase.  (I can buy milk with very little thought)  But to a degree it is a process I use in every day life.  I sit back and laugh at myself even while I am in the middle of working through the thought process.  It can take hours, days, weeks, months or in extreme cases years - although nothing comes to mind in the years category so that one may be hypothetical - unless you count spouse hunting  ;)
So what brought on this long and rather boring post about Amanda's crazy inner workings?  I just bought an iPod.  Don't ask how many hours/days/weeks this one took.  The relief is that I made the decesion and am not looking back because, if you go back to the moment I first thought to myself, "an iPod would be a nice thing to have" it has been years coming.  But then, good things come to those who wait!  Which is a rather silly saying, unless taken in the context of "those who wait on the Lord."

5 comments:

ScottyLC said...

Is your name Nikki? Don't I know about the agony of purchasing, but after this weekend I might have gone too far about telling her to loosen up. We go into a mall and I see dollar signs in her eyes. Ha! An iPod? About time- good choice. I know some who has lots of show cds if you want to add them to your new device.

life of scikki said...

Too funny! I was just getting ready to comment that I totally get you, Amanda, but it looks like my husband did that for me. I am the same way (except for this past weekend when Scotty would just tell me to get it, so I did)-guess he learned his lesson :) (JK)- Good for you for treating yourself to and iPod. As much as you enjoy music, it isn't money wasted!!!

Andrew and Anneke said...

So my question is rather female: What color is it? : )

Amanda said...

Thankfully, the one I was looking at had no color options. I might still be thinking about which one to get otherwise!
It's a touch, so it's black on the front and chrome/silver/whatever on the back.

cjw said...

You think an ipod is hard, try buying a car, my poor car buying helper is sooooo ready for me to purchase.