20.8.08

New thought in unexpected place

So I was sitting in......somewhere, just waiting, when I picked up a Gideon Bible from the table next to me and started reading in Acts. Stephen is one of my favorite people in the Bible, and when I came to the part of his speech to the religious rulers, I was suddenly blown away, or, in the King James, blowneth away! As he gives the history of the Hebrew people, and specifically talks about Moses, I saw some new ways in which Moses life was a type of Christs'! Like when he talks to his Hebrew brothers who are arguing and assumes they know he is God's appointed one to deliver them from bondage and they reject him, saying "who made you ruler over us?" in the same way Israel rejected Jesus as their Messiah King. Or when Moses is on the Mountain for 40 days and they begin to say that he's dead and not coming back and have Aaron make a golden calf that they worship as their savior. That sounds a lot like the end of the age when the Bible says that people will say that Jesus isn't coming back and the beast sets up a golden image for everyone to worship.

I knew that there were parallels, like God using Moses to save Israel and the bronze serpent, but I hadn't thought about these specific aspects before.
It really took me by surprise, I wasn't expecting anything that exciting or interesting when I picked up that book to read. But the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double edged sword. So
DON'T PUT GOD IN A BOX!!!!!!!! He doesn't fit. :)

No comments: