13.9.07

Strictly Ballroom

I saw this move again tonight for the first time in several years. It is almost a perfect movie.

There are certain films that carry a theme throughout that rings so true, that it resonates inside of me. It's a little bit of the heart of God being displayed. Lord of the Rings is one, with it's theme of faithful friends and selflessness. Beauty and the Beast is another with unconditional love. Strictly Ballroom has so much to say about not living your life under fear, but being who you were created to be. I could have almost cried at the end.

I so love finding truth in secular media. It's not always there, but every now and again it pops out.

*disclaimer...I am not advocating you watching this movie with all your kids. It is almost a perfect movie. :)

No comments: