23.7.07

On a more serious note...

That previous post had just a tinge of sarcasm in it, and I wanted to follow it up with a more serious post on the same topic.

I cannot imagine living in a country where I cannot even style (or not style) my hair the way I want to. Where I cannot go to a salon, pick up one of 24 hairstyle books and choose one of the hundreds of hairstyles illustrated and have it cut that way.

Yesterday I went to Asheville to see a movie, and in line were 2 women who, in my opinion, should never have left the house looking the way they did. Crazy sequined fairy skirts, hair a rats nest, spaghetti strap tops that showed off unattractive tattoos...not at all what I would call respectable or mature. But I wouldn't want the police to give them a ticket or take them to jail for bad fashion. That would be crazy.

Reading such articles remind me how thankful I am that I live in America where we enjoy so many freedoms that a lot of the rest of the world has never experienced. And it reminds me to continue in prayer both for my own nation and leaders and for Christians living in other countries hostile to everything they believe.

No comments: