27.7.07

The power of lightening

Last night there was a beautiful thunder storm with crazy rain and lightening. There were flash flood warnings for Macon, Jackson and Swain counties. About 10:30 there was a terrific crash that hurt my ears. The results of that are shown below.


This is our shed. It use to have windows on each side and in the back. The 2 side windows blew out (you can see one on the ground) and the back one almost came out but all the glass shattered.


That's just the damage to the shed. Inside about 3/4 of our circuits were tripped, the tv is now blue and green and the desk top computer screen is green and red. My car, which I park about 15 feet from the shed, is in the shop because on the way to Waynesville today my tachometer stopped working, then my odometer and speedometer, then my radio, then the check engine and abs lights came on, and finally the engine died because my alternator is totally fried from the lightening blast so my battery can't recharge. There is one light that won't come on, our stove blew and probably will have to be replaced and we still don't have a dial tone.
Pretty awesome.


No comments: