12.7.07

The Call, Nashville


I've heard so many different numbers, but the one I keep hearing most is apx. 55,000 people showed up on 07.07.07 to fast, repent and pray.

The Call Nashville was an incredible, intense time. I went with a group of youth from church, and we spent 14 hours together in prayer and worship.

One of the things I really appreciated about the call was how the focus was never on who was on the stage but on what we were doing. None of the worship teams were ever introduced so there was absolutely no feel of a concert, and most of the people speaking/leading prayers were never introduced. I only recognized about a third of them.

For me, personally, the more impactful moments were in the morning hours. At various times something would be said and my heart would break and I would be crying, sobbing, grieved in my heart. There was a senator there, Sam Brownback, who was there representing the US government and recognising and asking forgiveness for governmental policies that were injustices against certain groups throughout our nations history; such as the native americans, africans, the latinos, and the unborn. For each group there was a representive to accept and extend forgiveness on behalf of the group he represented. It was very intense and moving. There is such power in forgiveness, you could tell things were happening when those words were spoken aloud.

We were challenged as a group to repent of speaking evil against our nations leaders, for being sarcastic and not speaking the truth from a heart that was in the right place. Not saying that we should agree with everything they say and do, but that our disagreeing is from the place of a right heart attitude.

When it comes to praying for the unborn, that is something I know is very close to the heart of God. It is so important to do what we can in the natural and to every day pray to God that He would change hearts and we would stop murdering our babies.

Really, the whole day in a nutshell was worship, confess, repent, intercede, repeat. It is nearly impossible to keep that up for an entire day, and I definetly chilled out and almost napped a bit in the afternoon (3 hours sleep the night before didn't help). But really, I have to say that I experienced the grace of God in that I was exhausted on Friday before I left, slept only 3 hours on a hard floor Friday night, was outside from 7am to 10pm in the sun and heat on Saturday (oh, and we were doing a water fast too) and slept another 8 hours or so on another hard floor in a hot room with 50 other people, and when I woke up Sunday, I felt fine, got home, went to bed at a normal time, wasn't exhausted that night or the next day or the next. I know there is no way that would happen normally. It was kinda a seal on my heart that this really was God's doing and I was where I was supposed to be. Thank you God for the grace to walk out what you call me to do.

No comments: