7.1.07

IHOP blogs

There are several blogs from IHOPers that I keep tabs on. One of them posted a fabulous post today that I just had to share with you; it made me laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh The Wonder of Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do often like to pride myself on my intelligence... I am quite brilliant when it comes to sharp objects or difficult to open containers.

Today, was no exception. I was trying to open a dvd box with scissors, and some how slipped and managed to chop on (not off, mind you) one of my fingers... Not a huge deal, and not terribly surprising, knowing me. But the sheer genius moment came about a 1/2 hour later when I decided that I was hungry for an orange.

Now, I don't know why it didn't cross my mind that oranges + open wounds = pain. But.... it didn't. Ouch. At least the orange tasted good. :)

And the injury wasn't nearly as bad when I sliced off 2 small chunks of my fingers at work about 6 years ago - with a meat slicer. Whoops.

But I think one of my favorite braniac moments came around the time that I'd recently moved to Kansas City - this was 4 years ago... and I was very hungry. I didn't have many of your "normal" kitchen utensils. Simple things, like can openers were non-existent. So I was learning to get creative.

One night in particular I was very hungry, but all we had in the house were some cans of beans. I guess I didn't have any money to run to McDonald's, but I'm thinking it was more like I'd been fasting and was so hungry I that I wanted to eat, "now". Beans were my answer.

However, not a great answer... considering I had no can-opener. Enter "Resource-ful" Jenny... I didn't have a can opener... but I did have... a hammer.

Now, I don't know what I was expecting to happen (or not happen as the case may be)... but I thought it seemed like a viable option unto getting fed. Unfortunately, when most of my "dinner" ended up on the ceiling, all around the kitchen, and allover my shirt - I realized my folly. A bit too late though... as usually seems to be the case. (Note earlier orange story.)

Yes folks, it's official - I'm a genius.
posted by Jenny Powell

No comments: