11.9.06

Rain

Wow. This is from an acquaintance of mine's blog. I really love when it rains and this post does a good job of expressing that.

Rain is my favorite natural phenomenon. No matter the mood I'm in, rain seems to bring peace to my soul. It brings clarity when I'm confused or frustrated, and peace when I'm sad, or distraught. Happiness seems sweeter when rain is falling, joy feels complete. When I feel helpless or hopeless, rain reminds me that God is faithful to bring life. It's smell is beautiful, and it's sound soothing. I love rain!

Rain reminds me that no matter how in control one may feel about life, God directs the rain outside of our control. A couple can spend their entire life building a their dream house. Millions of hard earned dollars, billions of drops of sweat, and probably many marital arguments later their house is finished. Then one strong rain can completely wash it all away. On the flip side one good rain can turn poor dirt farmer into a successful agricultural entrepreneur. Rain is powerful, it's soft, it's sometimes quiet, sometimes thunderous. Rain is a widow into the heart of God that I long to understand. But simply for now it's falling, and it's beautiful.

much love

.::zack

No comments: