9.7.06

July 9th, 2006

Tonight I was in bed by 10:30...but I was still awake one hour later when Camila came home. So I got up to hear how her date went. About an hour later she convinces April and I that we have to go next door and try to scare Everett who is house sitting for the neighbors. We do, but it's April who got the surprise when Everett came roaring around the side of the house; she whirled around and slipped and fell on the wet grass. We were all highly amused. :) Camila wanted him to come over and remove a slug from our living room floor. He did.

And so now it's 1:30 and I still cannot make myself fall asleep. Not being sleepy isn't the problem, I am plenty tired - and I have a headache! But sleep doesn't come. I just lay there thinking, not about anything specfic, just an assortment of thoughts that come waltzng through my head.

Maybe my problem is that I have been going for so fast and hard for so long that I've not really slowed down to think or process anything and my poor little mind is trying to catch up. ..I just wish it would work while I sleep! ;)

One thing that I am very happy about is that through everything that's been going on, I have had a mostly regular quiet time each day. I have been reading Hebrews and today I read the hall of faith chapter. It is so great in the midst of everything to have that place in my day where I look at Jesus and stand amazed at what He has accomplished for me.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:1-2

"There's something bigger going on, there's Someone bigger than me, there's something bigger going on...HOLY, HOLY"

1 comment:

ncgrrl said...

so u live with camila?
and she had a date?
haha =]