26.7.06

2 weeks later...

2 weeks ago today was the opening night of our show. For the most part I have been far too busy to miss it.
But today, I was cleaning my room for the first time in...well, it's been a while, and I stumbled upon all kinds of show things. Like, my script with my notes for the music...and 2 dove chocolates left over from Mrs. Eldredge...a yellow tassel...a picture from Effie...a shopping list...a program...etc...and then B&B kept on coming up during the evening. Like at dinner when we commented to our dinner guest that we hadn't had soda in the house since the show when Cam and I lived off a Dr. Pepper a day. And then Everett came over, and wherever he goes, Gaston goes too. So I think today has been the day I have stopped and really missed the show and the people, because, let's face it - if the people were crummy I wouldn't have loved it like I did. And it just so happens OTC is a fabulous group of wonderful, caring people.

In spite of all this reminiscing, I had a great time tonight. I went and spent the evening playing a game called Apples to Apples with 4 kids from Israel, Gil (a YWAMer from Colorado Springs) Stuart, Camila and April. I have always loved spending time with people from other countries and cultures, and tonight was no exception. Sometimes I wonder if I am getting too settled in Franklin to ever leave again. I always said that it would be fine with me to live here forever, but I wonder. At any rate, I am here for now and still loving it.

And now I really need to get to sleep, I have to be in court in the morning for a GAL case.

No comments: